What is an air fryer? An air fryer is a small kitchen appliance that uses hot air to cook food. It’s like a convection oven, but it only has one heating element, and the fan circulates the hot air around your food.
The result: crispy fried foods without any oil!
Air frying can be healthier than deep frying because you don’t need to use as much oil or butter to get those delicious crispy edges on your dishes.
Differences between Air Fryer and Deep Fryer
Deep fryers are large machines that use oil for cooking food, while air fryers do not require any additional oils. Air frying provides a healthier alternative for cooking your favorite fried foods because it uses hot air instead of oil to surround the food you place inside it. Air frying is an excellent alternative for those who want to cook their favorite fried foods without the guilt of adding extra oil and fats into your diet.
Air fryers are perfect appliances that allow you to make healthier alternatives when cooking your food because they use little or no oil when preparing different recipes. However, deep fryers do require a lot of fat to prepare food.
You can use less or no oils when cooking with an air fryer, so it is the healthier choice between the two appliances because it does not add extra fats from using the deep frying method.
Air Fryer Benefits
Here is a list of benefits when using an air fryer over a deep fryer.
- .Less oil is used when cooking your favorite fried foods.
- Air frying requires less time to cook food so that you can prepare dishes quickly.
- It is also easy to remove the finished dish from the appliance because of its non-stick surface. There’s no need to use extra oils or fats with an air fryer, so it is a perfect appliance for those who are trying to stay healthy.
- Air fryers use less energy than deep fryers, which helps the environment because of their power-saving abilities.
- You can cook your favorite foods with little or no oil when using an air fryer and still get that crispy texture you want for your dishes.
Deep Fryer Benefits
On the other hand, there are also some benefits when using a deep fryer over an air fryer.
- Deep fryers can cook more food simultaneously than air fryers which allows you to prepare meals faster.
- Foods come out crispier when they are deep-fried because it requires a lot of oil for that crisp texture and taste, but with an air fryer; this is not true because the hot air only surrounds the food.
- Deep fryers can cook wet batter foods that air fryers can’t handle because of the condensation that forms when cooking with an air fryer.
Frying wet batter
An air fryer is not recommended if you are using wet batter; however, you can deep fry the wet batter in a traditional deep fryer.
An air fryer is great for frying dishes with a dry batter, such as shredded zucchini.
What is the cooking time? The amount of time it takes to cook in an air fryer versus a deep fryer varies on each recipe and how much food you are preparing at one time.
Don’t forget: Food fried in an air fryer will not taste precisely like deep-fried food.
Cleaning and maintenance
Cleaning an air fryer is very easy. However, deep-frying can be messy and time-consuming because of the amount of oil you need to dispose of after using it.
An air fryer has a much smaller footprint than traditional deep fryers, so you will save space in your kitchen by not having one large appliance sitting on your countertops.
Which one is better?
In the end, it is up to you which one you prefer.
One thing for sure – using an air fryer will save money and time since you don’t need a lot of oil to cook food! Both appliances can be beneficial in preparing different types of meals, but some pros and cons come along with both of them.
Air fryers are great for cooking healthier foods or preparing small portions of food that you won’t be able to fit into a traditional deep fryer.
If your family likes fried chicken, fish, chips, french fries, mozzarella sticks – buy an air fryer! But, if you want to make large portions at once or need to cook more food at once, a deep fryer is the way to go.
Which should I choose for my kitchen?
That depends on what you’re cooking and how often you plan on using it. If fried foods are something that would come out of your kitchen quite frequently, then we recommend going with an electric deep fryer – they have a larger capacity and are great for large meals.
On the other hand, if you want to prepare a healthier meal or fix smaller portions, an air fryer can be your best option! You really can’t go wrong with either one of them – it’s all about what would fit in your kitchen better and which appliances you have room for.