Air fryers have suddenly become a popular cooking appliance in recent years. As a result, more people are opting to use air fryers instead of conventional ovens and stovetops.
Luckily, if you have an air fryer, you don’t need to worry too much since there are many ways to clean them. You don’t even need to buy unique cleaning solutions as long as your home includes just some essential items like dish soap or vinegar, for example!
Let’s find out more about how different types of baskets in these appliances should be cleaned and deep-cleaned occasionally, so we know what methods work best!
Air Fryer Cleaning Tips
If you have ever attempted to clean an old, crusted-over air fryer, then you know exactly how daunting the task can seem.
Here are some quick tips on cleaning your air fryer.
- Always use a moist cloth to wipe down the inside of the air fryer. Never use abrasive products or steel wool, as this can damage the coating on your machine, which will reduce its efficiency over time.
- Ensure that food residue and spillage are cleaned up immediately after it occurs so that you won’t have to clean both outside surfaces and interior surfaces separately.
- To clean stubborn spots in the air fryer, make a paste of baking soda and water, apply to the area with a paper towel or sponge, sit for 2 minutes, then rinse off with warm water.
- For heavily stained areas, mix equal parts white vinegar and distilled water before applying onto the surface from above – avoid contact with heating elements/control panel when cleaning.
- Use a spray bottle to lightly mist the interior with water before using your air fryer. You can also add some vinegar to the water to make it easier for debris and grease to slide off during drying.
- For cleaning out of your air fryer cabinet, we recommend using warm soapy water with an old toothbrush or
Ways to Clean Your Air Fryer
The best way to clean your air fryer is to use a water- and soap-based cleaner. Vinegar, lemon juice, rubbing alcohol, or even baking soda can also be used with good results. Just make sure the mixture is lukewarm before applying it to any parts of the machine.
What you need:
- brush with soft bristles
- Paper towel or soft cloth
- Dish soap
- white vinegar
- Remove the basket from your air fryer and set it in a dishwasher or a bucket that can hold water.
- Mix up a small amount of soap, warm water, and white vinegar to make a soapy mixture for cleaning the baskets. Do not use hot water since this will likely warp the plastic baskets over time.
- Dip a brush in the soapy mixture and scrub away at any carbon buildup or stubborn spots. Be careful not to trap food particles in the bristles of your meeting!
- Rinse out the basket, then place it back into your air fryer for drying. Note that if cleaning a non-stick basket, you may need to use an abrasive sponge to get off stubborn spots.
- Once the basket is dry, replace it in your air fryer and turn it on for a few minutes to drive any remaining moisture out of the compartment.
- You can repeat these steps if needed until all signs of gunk have been removed.
Follow these simple steps if you want to make sure your Air Fryer is always in tip-top shape. You’ll be able to clean up the mess and enjoy delicious fried food without all of the fuss.
We hope this article gave you some helpful tips on how to keep your air fryer squeaky clean!